Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly, from third parties, and automatically through your use of the Bissoy platform. This information includes:
- Account and Profile Data: When you create an account on Bissoy, we collect your name, email address, and other information you provide, such as your interests and employment details. You can choose to add additional information to your public profile, such as your image's and education history. Your profile information and activity on the platform, such as the questions and answers you post and your credentials, are visible to others on the platform.
- Your Content: We collect the information and content that you post to Bissoy, such as your questions, answers, comments, and image's. Unless you post anonymously, your content and associated comments are publicly viewable on the platform and may be indexed by search engines.
- Communication Records: We keep a record of your communication with us, including emails and messages sent through the platform.
- Third-Party Application Login: If you use a third-party application, such as Facebook or Google, to log in to Bissoy, we collect your name and email address associated with that account for authentication and identity verification purposes.
- Billing and Payment Data: If you subscribe to our premium services or make a payment through the platform, we collect your billing information, such as your address and credit card details.
- Platform Engagement Data: We collect information about your activity on the platform, such as your IP address, the URLs you visit, and the types of content you interact with. We may also receive this information from third-party sites and services that have embedded our Bissoy pixels or other technologies.
- Data from Advertisers: Third-party advertisers who use our Ad Services may provide us with information about you as part of their ad campaigns, such as email addresses, for personalizing their ads or measuring their effectiveness.
The app does use third party services that may collect
information used to identify you.
by the app
How We Use Your Information and Legal Basis for Processing
We process the information we collect for the following purposes, and under the following legal basis:
- Provide our Services. We use your information to provide you with the services we offer on the Bissoy Platform, to communicate with you about your use of the platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes. This processing is necessary to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Personalization. We use your information to personalize the content and information that we or our third-party content publishers or advertisers may send or display to you on the Bissoy Platform. It is in our legitimate business interests to provide you with a customized experience.
- Billing and Payment. We collect information to collect payments (for example, if you are a Bissoy+ subscriber) and pay our service providers and content creators. This information is collected so that we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Advertising. We use your information to display interest-based advertising to you on the Bissoy Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before engaging in this processing.
- Marketing and Promotions. We use your information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news, special offers, promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services. Where applicable, we obtain your consent before sending such marketing communications and you can unsubscribe anytime.
- Enable Communications. We process information about who you have communicated with to facilitate communications you send to us or to other users on the Bissoy Platform. This processing is necessary to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Analytics. We use analytics and metrics to better understand how users use the Bissoy Platform, to evaluate and improve the platform, including the advertising services and personalization, and to develop new products and services. It is in our legitimate business interests to make informed decisions about product development.
- Comply with Law. We use your information to comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We at Bissoy understand the importance of protecting your personal information and respect your privacy. We will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We share your information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, and customer service providers.
- Business Transfers: In the event of any merger, sale, transfer of our assets, acquisition, or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event, we may disclose or transfer your information.
- Protection of Rights and When Legally Required: We may disclose information if required by law, legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bissoy, our users, or others.
- Your Content and Public Information: Your content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information, is available to other users of the Bissoy Platform and may also be viewed publicly by non-users. Your content may be indexed by search engines. Please refer to the Your Choices and Settings section for information on how to control what information is shared or viewed by others.
- Platform Engagement Information: We share aggregate statistics, metrics, and reports with our advertisers and publishers about the performance of their ads on the Bissoy Platform. This aggregated data may include the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, and conversion rates. Certain features allow you to share your personal information with advertisers on our platform if you choose to do so.
- Research: We share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for market research, reporting, and analytics. The information we share in this context cannot be used to identify individual users.
You have the right to access and control your information, including the right to request that we delete your data. Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights.
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, and misuse. However, no security system is completely foolproof, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
These terms and conditions are effective as of 2021-01-01.
Last updated: 2023-04-06.